First and foremost, the Teams at Davies and Partners Solicitors New Homes Department are here to help and guide you through what many consider to be one of the most stressful times of your life. Our aim is to make your house purchase smooth and easy and to make it as stress free as possible. We will guide you through every aspect of purchasing your new build home.
The Teams’ many years of experience has enabled them to streamline the conveyancing process to enable you to meet the exchange deadlines set by developers; breaking down the legal jargon and providing a comprehensive report for you to consider in the comfort of your home. The Teams are available to answer any queries you may have.
Buying a new build home is very different to buying a second hand home. The developer will impose a strict deadline in which to exchange Contracts, often 21-28 days from the date of reservation. Often, Contracts are exchanged before the property is even built, giving uncertainty of when completion will actually take place.
You are protected under The Consumer Code for Homebuilders. The Code came into effect in 2010 and is a code of conduct for homebuilders, its purpose is to make the home buying process fairer and more transparent for purchasers.
Many people decide to ‘buy new’ from a housebuilder in the belief that it will be a much less troublesome experience than buying a second hand home. Some of the benefits to buying a New Build Home:
- New Build Homes come with a warranty and insurance of 5 to 10 years. Check with the builder which warranty they offer and ask for a copy of the policy document when you reserve your home.
- As the very first owner, a new-build home enables you to create your own style, free from any decorating disasters by previous owners.
- Purchasing a new build home can minimise the chain's length because you will be at the end of the selling chain.
- New build homes are built with higher levels of insulation. They have more efficient heating systems than ever before. Better energy efficiency means a reduction in carbon emissions and lower heating bills, helping you save money.
- Some, but not all, developers operate their own buyer incentive schemes such as part exchange with your existing property, payment of stamp duty, contribution towards legal fees.
- You can choose your desired plot and if reserved at an early enough stage you can personalise the house to your individual taste and pay for upgrades to the property.