Our highly experienced planning team fully understands the problems faced by developers in the planning process.
The team specialist in all stages of an application, from negotiating with Local Planning Authorities, appearing at Local Planning Inquiries and Appeals, to challenging the validity of decisions in court.
We are accustomed to commercial time constraints and we are used to co-ordinating team activity to achieve success.
Our expertise covers:
- Site Appraisals to assess planning potential
- Preparation and submission of Planning Applications and resultant negotiations
- Preparation and conduct of Planning Appeals
- Submissions to and representation at Local Planning Inquiries including resultant negotiations
- Appeals against Enforcement Proceedings
- Compulsory Purchase
- Judicial Review of Administrative Actions
Chambers UK 2009: "Residential property developers make up the majority of the client base of this full-service team, which overlaps strongly with the firm's real estate group. A significant portion of the team's workload involves assessing site appraisals and securing planning permission for large plots across the country, as its recent work in Andover and Stevenage illustrates. The lawyers assist clients with both routine Section 106 agreements and more niche issues such as compulsory purchase and highways work. They also offer the skills and resources necessary to guide clients through contentious proceedings such as public inquiries, appeals and enforcement notices. Senior practitioner David Brown offers a broad practice, advising clients on planning applications as well as representing them at inquiries and appeals."
Meet the team
To View the 2011 Version of Planning Ahead, Click here